Thursday, January 19, 2012

What's On Your Playlist?

(contributed by Jenny D.)

I've been enjoying some new music lately during the last few minutes of my morning prayer & Bible study time. This morning, I listened to the song, "The Reason For the World" by Matthew West and as the tears just poured down my face I was reminded of how grateful I am to God for the gift of music to remind us how worthy He is of our praise!

And I got to thinking... I bet many of you have some great music that really is speaking to your hearts right now like this song did to mine this morning.

Would you share one or two of your favorite songs? Whether it provides encouragement through a promise of Scripture or a challenge to become more like Jesus or a reminder of His great gifts... your song may be just the thing someone else needs to hear today!

(In the next few weeks, we'll ask you to share favorite devotionals, books, etc as well! So stay tuned!)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

One of my favorite morning time songs is Before The Day,by NewSong.

The beginning tells me that my Morning Time shoul be like I am going steady with Eddy...
Do it Early, Do it Daily, Do it Dilgently and Do it Yeilding.

Then it goes on to say...
Before the day slips away I want to stop and say I Love You, I Love you. Before the world rushes in again I want to stop and say there is none above you, none above you. I'll just be still and know that you are God. Be still and know you are God.

What better way is there to start my day than with my morning time. God has provided me with the quiteness and stillness of my home to sit and spend time with him. If I don't do this early then my day will just slip away from me. Praise God for this time and don't start your day without it. Peace.

Michelle Day said...

I was sitting in my quiet time and everything I read was about being new. Then I got the song "I am New" by Jason Gray in my head. Right there I picked up my iPhone and plugged the song in the itunes store and I had to have it. Every word in that song was everything I was reading that morning.

I also loved at retreat when Joanne shared the song by Tenth Ave North, You are More. That is another song I listen to often. The acoustic version is amazing too!